Week 26, Day 3:
- The south roof was over-boarded with 11mm OSB to provide enough thickness to firmly fix the zinc roof retaining clips to
- The north roof has 18mm OSB whereas the south roof only had the 11mm OSB as the upper face of the Structural Insulated Panel
- Still some discussions ongoing about the precise specification of the “structured separation layer” which needs to go between the roof boards and the zinc covering – in the meantime a basic membrane has been installed to keep the rain off and give the boards chance to dry out as much as possible before the zinc goes on
- The concrete flooring team came back to cut the expansion joints into the concrete
- The “missing” window glass for the top floor has been located at the Internorm factory in Austria and is now being shipped to the UK, so that should be installed by the end of next week
While the floor looks pretty good already, this is just the “rough” finish. After it’s had chance to cure for about 4 weeks it will get diamond-polished (so around the middle of May).
The paler circular disk is one of the electrical floor boxes, which will get a brushed stainless steel cover. (There’s another box barely visible further into the room.)