Week 3, Day 5:
- Good progress demolishing the remaining few walls of the old barn and cow shed and clearing the rubble from the concrete slab of the cow shed ready for using that to store building materials.
- These are out of shot to the right of the overview photo – see separate photo below.
- Compacting the hardcore covering the parking area.
- Digging a trial hole at the south-west corner of the house to check the feasibility of using a soak-away there to take the rainwater from the house roof.
- Doesn’t look very promising – there was hard red clay at the bottom of the hole and a bucket of water poured in at the end of Friday was still there on Saturday morning (although it was raining).
- Completing the smoothing-out of the sand at the bottom of the GSHP collector trenches.